This page sets out the terms between you and TSC-SW under which you may access our website www.cpdportal-sw.org and www.subregiona.cpdportal-sw.org. Our Terms and Conditions apply to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm persons in any way or through any Hateful Conduct:
- You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our terms and conditions through your use of our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of our terms and conditions. The responses described in our terms and conditions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We assume that at the time of booking you accept these terms and conditions in full.
- The CPD Portal-SW provides a platform to organisations wishing to promote their CPD – it does not manage event bookings.
- All enquiries regarding a provider’s event(s) should be sent to the ‘Event Provider'. You can do this by selecting the provider from the 'Contact a Provider' contact form. Your booking is a contract between you and the event provider.
An invoice will be emailed to you by the event provider at the time of booking. Payment is subject to the provider's terms as defined in their invoice.
Event Cancellation Rights and Refunds
Bookings for an event or course are subject to the terms and conditions as defined.
For full Terms and Conditions of Booking please click here
Attending an Event or Course
Before you finalise your booking, please read through all the information that applies to the event or course as defined by the event provider to ensure you are happy to continue.
TSC-SW maintains this website to provide a service to enhance access to CPD information across Sub Region A. TSC-SW accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information and documents uploaded and shared by third parties on this site.
Information provided on this website is intended to provide school improvement support across SW England. No warranty, representation or undertaking is made about the content, accuracy and completeness of the information provided.
TSC-SW accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury which may arise from anything contained in this publication. No person is entitled to any redress against our organisation on any account whatsoever and however arising in relation to any information provided.
CPD Providers/Organisers using the Platform to Promote/Manage their Organisation's CPD
CPD Portal is a “self-service” platform where event providers manage their own event listings, and customer bookings entirely. When you book onto an event directly your commercial agreement is entirely with the event provider. CPD Portal does not manage or control any of the listings or events on our website and beyond providing the software services to promote and manage events online we do not have any affiliation with the event provider, venue or event.
When you (as an Event Organiser) use the CPD Portal for promoting events and collecting data from your attendees you are the “data controller” of all your attendees’ data. CPD Portal is a “data processor”, which means that the CPD Portal won’t do anything with your attendees’ data other than what you need the the CPD Portal to do in order to provide the service. The CPD Portal will not send attendees any marketing emails or share their data with anyone.
The Event Organiser is responsible for the security and their GDPR compliance in the use of any data exported from the CPD Portal and should adhere to their own organisation's policy and practice.
The CPD Portal cannot be held responsible for any data breach relating the mishandling of data / data exported from the system by an Event Organiser.
The CPD Portal provides the ability for Event Organisers to email event delegates directly through the system. This functionality has been designed to send service related (operational) emails specific to an Organiser's event attended by the recipient of such email. If an Organiser wants to use this function for marketing purposes, you (the Organiser) need to secure your own compliant opt-in consents for the sending of marketing emails. Each event provides event attendees with the option to set their communication preferences.
If an event attendee/booker should have any questions about an event, booking, refunds, data privacy or terms and conditions they should contact the event organiser directly via the ‘Contact’ menu, selecting the provider they wish to contact. They may also find contact details for them in the same place they found the original link for their event (e.g. their website, Facebook page, or Twitter account).
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, or you have invited team members to access parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You should reset your password periodically; you can do this by logging in and resetting your password. Your password should be unique and not a derivative of an existing one.
CPD Provider/Organiser Subscription Cancellation
CPD Portal is a recurring annual subscription service but you can modify or cancel your subscription at any time. You must cancel your subscription before the end of your yearly subscription renewal date otherwise you will be billed for another year’s subscription. IMPORTANT: If you do not cancel your subscription before the renewal date you will be billed for another year. Please note your subscription renewal date starts from the date you first logged into the system as a CPD Provider. You will be billed annually regardless of whether your organisation has added any CPD events through your account. By logging into the system you agree to the terms and conditions of the service.
If you wish to cancel please take the following steps.
Note: If you cancel and then restart your subscription in the future, you won't be able to benefit from the same price if you are on a discounted plan.
CPD Provider/Organiser Cancellation timing and refunds
Unfortunately we can't provide refunds mid way through a billing period and do not provide pro-rata refunds midway through the subscription year.
If you do cancel your subscription you will continue to have access until the end of your billing period.
If you wish to report misuse of the system or you suspect a fraudulent event listing please send the details via the contact form and include a link to the event.
If you wish to promote your own events take a look at the Find Out More to learn more about all the features we offer.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
We may revise our terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in our terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Last updated 12th May 2018